Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day



Well, I'm generally not a huge fan of Valentine's Day, but I have a swell mom and dad, who gave us some nice chocolate. I kind of wonder if they regret the lip shaped chocolates because of this picture, but to show our gratitude for their mad parenting skills, Madalyne and I wrote them each a little poem. I've decided to put them on here to show that even though I may be a cinic when it comes to flowers and valentines and other such festivities like that, I CAN make a nice valentine for my parents!

DAD'S:
For our family, Dad's a good cheif.
He buys us all our daily beef!

He's very smart--
When I have questions, to him I always dart.

He takes me for rides in his plane
Except for when there is rain.

We know his name's not Peter...
But he sure is a great leader!

MOM'S:
In all the world when we think of our mother,
We know that we'd rather have no other!

Mom's a good friend;
She'll be there to the bitter end.

Mom teaches us
So we don't have to ride the bus.

We know God has a special place
For Mom who serves with grace.

No comments: