Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Awesome-ness of Isaiah

I am now among the employed people of America. I work at a little bank, where I put on my nicest clothes and work hard and in return I bring home a reasonable paycheck. Do I like working at the bank? Yes. But would I work there if it weren't for the benefit of pay? No.

And that reminds me of why we 'work for the Lord' so to speak. We are God's servants. We do things to serve Him because He has saved us and given us hope. That in itself is enough pay above and beyond what we could ask for, but sometimes we forget that. Sometimes it's hard to serve Him! I've felt that way before, asking the question "Why exactly am I going through this again???"

But I've been reading Isaiah, and found SO MANY verses that are just downright encouraging for people who feel this way, so I'm gonna write them down. They tell us not to be afraid because we belong to God, He'll pave the way for us to do hard things, He's had unmeasurable grief and knows what we go through, and His peace and kindness for us will last longer than the whole earth!

Fear not, for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by name, thou art mine. 43:1

When you pass through the waters, I will be with thee...when you walk through the fire, thou shalt not be burned. 43:2

I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in SUNDER (I love that word) the bars of iron! 45:2

And they (Israelites) thirsted not when he led threm through the deserts. He caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them. 48:21

I, even I, am He that comforteth you. 50:12

He is despised and rejected of men...and acquainted with grief...SURELY he has born our griefs. 53:3

The mountains shall depart, and the hills shall be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, nor the covenant of my peace be removed. 54:10

No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper...this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord. 54:17

BTW: I'm not saying God says to us, "If you'll work for me, I'll protect you and give you good things." It's just that when we DO serve Him, we get to experience all His blessings.

No comments: