Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I've always considered myself a pretty happy and fulfilled person, but I also always realized that there was something detrimentally important that was missing, never quite knowing what it was. Until yesterday. Yesterday was the day my mom gave me the amazing quilt that not only completed my room, but also that distant yearning within my heart! Thanks Ma, for fulfilling my life.

Oh, and I changed my mind about Christmas. It's actually not about the presents at all. It's about having a day wherein you can stuff just as much chocolate, Spinach dip and soda pop in you belly as you can, and then waiting a few hours till you're not full anymore, and doing it again! No, I'm just kiddin'. I'm SO grateful Jesus came to earth so I can live a life full of hope and joy in His salvation.
Somewhere around the first of December, Madalyne and Mark made this gingerbread house. Malachi was ready to eat it as soon as it was done, but Madalyne was a strict (and I mean STRICT) policeman to prevent that. She managed to keep both Mark and Malachi from eating even one piece of candy or crumb of gingerbread until Christmas Eve! And boy did they enjoy every bite of that nasty, stale house!

Yeah, it's true that I only took 3 pictures of our whole Christmas. My camera is STILL lost, so I've been having to use the family's. It's just not the same. Not the same at all.

2 comments:

M. said...

the quilt looks awesome! Thanks for posting pictures. I'm glad we feel the same about gingerbread houses. nasty stuff.

Miriam said...

I couldn't flip the sideways ones, because the computer was broken and it wouldn't rotate! But you're welcome anyways. :)